2 Corinthians 5:17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
The beauty in becoming a true Christian is the change that comes with it. God, in His love, actually changes us when we become Christians. As His Holy Spirit dwells within us, we have the luxury of not only seeing our lives and purpose in a different way, but pretty much everything around us. We become a new person. What do I mean? Well, let’s look.
- Our thoughts change when we become Christians. Ephesians 4:23, Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. As a Christian, I don’t entertain the thoughts I used to. I recognize their wrongness and have to make the decision to refuse to dwell on such things.
- My life is no longer about me being the center of attention. My decisions are no longer about how only I am affected by them, but how others are. Philippians 4: 3, Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.
- Desires change as we become new people. The things of earthly value begin to diminish in appeal as you grow in your relationship with God. And obtaining the newest thing or things in general just doesn’t seem to matter anymore. 1 John 2:17, And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.
- Your purpose in life takes a turn. You begin to realize how much you matter and how much serving your purpose matters for God’s Kingdom. 1 Timothy 6:12, Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have declared so well before many witnesses.
- Lastly, your view of sin changes. You practically ache from the reality of the distance that sin has placed between you and God. You can’t help but thank God for the opportunity to repent for the sins committed. Ezekiel 36:31, Then you will remember your past sins and despise yourselves for all the detestable things you did.
And while there is much more that takes place as we become new persons, these are just a few of the things that have taken place in my life. Won’t you accept Christ today to experience all this and then some?
Today is the day of salvation.
2 Corinthians 6:2 For God says, “At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.” Indeed, the “right time” is now. Today is the day of salvation.