Tomorrow is only found in the calendar of fools. – Og Mandino
Every week we are challenged to take the next step, everyday really. So, why don’t we? We don’t have time? We don’t have resources? We’re waiting? In the last couple of months, I’ve heard several references to Pharaoh and the frogs. So, I felt like procrastination would be a great topic of focus. After all, I can’t tell you how many times I put off preparing this lesson.
As we approach a new year very soon, there will be moments that we put off taking the next step. Or we may be procrastinating right now because we’ll start next week or next year. So, let’s not wait any longer and jump into this lesson!
The question is, why do we wait?
- Waiting on God.
- Are we waiting on a sign from God or do we just want Him to do everything?
- Exodus 8:8-10
- Active waiting – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; Matthew 7:7
- Excuses – Proverbs 22:13, 26:13
- Annie, “Tomorrow” – Tomorrow might only be a day away, but it is ALWAYS a day away.
- What if God is preparing me today for what I’m trying to put off for tomorrow?
- Fear of Failure (FOF)
- What makes failure fearful?
- God can’t bless an effort I don’t make. – Psalm 90:17
- Proverbs 16:3; 1 Corinthians 1:27; Isaiah 55:8-9
- If God’s ways aren’t like ours, then wouldn’t His idea of success be different as well?